Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a talented Learning and Development Specialist to guide our R&D organization towards a culture of learning. This role sits at a critical juncture between Product, Engineering, and UX, and will support or drive numerous projects critical to the continued success of Twilio’s products.
As the Learning and Development Specialist for R&D at Twilio, you will find success if:
- You find your core satisfaction in empowering others through educational resources and learning programs. You are comfortable challenging norms and building programs from the ground up.
- You desire being involved in multiple high-impact projects at the same time. Managing multiple concurrent learning initiatives comes naturally, and you are able to keep relevant stakeholders updated as necessary.
- You are comfortable working at both the strategic and tactical levels, helping build structured programs for the future while contributing to instructional design and delivery as necessary.
- You have a demonstrated ability to navigate complex organizational structures, ensuring you are able to represent the customer’s voice effectively.
- You thrive interfacing with stakeholders and subject matter experts of multiple levels, from new graduates to senior executives.
- You know how to accept opinionated feedback and dig into the real message. More importantly, you know how to say no when required.
- You know how to depend on a team, offloading responsibilities where required and trusting your partners to deliver.
As the Learning and Development Specialist for R&D, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Assess the learning needs across multiple disciplines in R&D, including Product, Engineering, and UX. Create nuanced relationships with each organization in an approach to reaching the customer at their level.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Assist in the instructional design and delivery of content related to onboarding, organization-wide process change, and role-specific enablement. Create content delivery frameworks for subject matter experts to build and deliver their own content in a standardized, discoverable, and trackable way.
- BE AN OWNER: Contribute to and develop key strategic learning goals in conjunction with Twilio’s central L&D organization as well as key R&D leadership.
- DRAW THE OWL: Introduce new programs where gaps are identified, taking risks when necessary to create a stronger learning environment.
- DON’T SETTLE: Assist in the selection of vendors required to help us reach our learning goals with a keen eye towards receiving maximum value. Track learning outcomes and customer satisfaction statistics to ensure program success.
- BE INCLUSIVE: You customers are global, with a wide breadth of cultures and regional norms. Building programs that scale regionally and are inclusive of our customer base is of utmost importance.
Twilio’s culture is rooted in empowering others, whether it be our customers or our internal employees. As our R&D organization expands, building a strong and consistent culture of learning is paramount in ensuring our employees feel empowered to be successful in their jobs.
Twilio is truly unique: We are a company committed to your development, your growth, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We are growing rapidly and seeking talented leaders to join us on our journey.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.