Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a DevOps Engineer to be a part of a team of talented engineers who build and integrate services that continuously improve our ability to provide products to customers while simultaneously delivering industry leading availability. We do this by leveraging great technology like AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Buildkite, Chef, etc., while also building our own services or contributing to open source projects.
- 2+ years of experience in your craft with demonstrated skill progression
- Previous exposure to DevOps or SRE methodologies
- Experience with Linux & Docker required
- Understanding of Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms (previous experience a plus)
- Understanding of AWS (previous experience a plus)
- Experience running production infrastructure
- Understanding of Agile processes (previous experience a plus)
- Software development experience (Golang a plus)
- Listen, present, and question effectively
- A tenacious learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible
- A highly effective collaborator, you work with your team toward common goals
- Self Driven; take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get your tasks to completion
- Degree in Computer Science or similar experience
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- DON’T SETTLE: Promote passionate DevOps culture that is driving massively scalable, highly reliable, resilient services in a fast growing customer and engineering focused company
- DRAW THE OWL: Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews to help maintain high standard of code quality
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Develop tools and automation which eliminate manual activities, increase stability, and improve visibility
- BE AN OWNER: Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems
- Contribute to systems that evolve and improve CI/CD processes
- Help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team
- Work with teams across the company to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complex issues\
- Develop monitoring, telemetry, and diagnostics to early-detect and minimize quality of service impacting events
The Engineering Enablement team is central to Twilio SendGrid’s infrastructure team, enabling internal customers to make reliable, repeatable, and safe deployments to our kubernetes platform. We work with Engineering Leadership and Architects to build, deploy, and release new features integral to our businesses’ plans for increased revenue, platform reliability, increased engineering velocity, and excellent customer service. When engineers go fast, the company goes fast.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we are dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street Suite 500 Denver, CO 80202. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.