Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a highly analytical and strategic business leader to own our global pricing efforts. The Vice President of Monetization and Pricing Strategy will develop and implement the pricing and packaging strategy for Twilio’s growing suite of products. We are searching for an executive who brings extensive experience crafting monetization strategy and leading strategic pricing initiatives in the technology industry.
You will build our Monetization & Pricing Strategy practice from the ground up and lead all strategic pricing initiatives across Twilio. The successful candidate will be comfortable immersing him/herself in data to ensure that customer needs, financial objectives and product requirements are aligned to our pricing approach. You will operate with conviction and partner extensively with cross functional teams to gain alignment and enable execution. You have the ability to persuade others with a data-driven approach, partner extensively with Product GMs and Sales leaders, and the ability to manage a team of high achieving individuals.
This is an opportunity to partner with our C-Level team to transform Twilio’s product strategy and deliver customer-friendly, innovative pricing solutions to market. Pricing and packaging is an integral lever to accelerate Twilio’s revenue growth. It touches nearly every part of our business and is a critical part of our customer experience.
- Lead Pricing initiatives across all product lines at Twilio
- Build an exceptional team to drive pricing excellence across Twilio
- Work with the company's executive leadership to define, launch, and drive strategic and
- operational initiatives around monetization and pricing strategy
- Drive recommendations through to implementation and results
- Collaborate across Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Analytics and Finance
- Develop insights and recommendations through customer segmentation, price discovery, testing & experimentation, and ROI analyses
- Oversee all operational aspects of pricing implementation, including billing requirements, discounting frameworks, and ongoing monitoring
- Devise automated and scalable means of measuring pricing performance
- Monitor key metrics and market intelligence to derive insights and identify opportunities for evolving pricing
- Codify a set of best practices and processes that can be used to drive ongoing pricing improvement
- 15+ years of pricing experience, particularly in the technology arena
- Strong leader with proven ability to motivate, mentor and lead teams
- Strong analytical skills – expert in statistical analysis
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level, cooperative working style
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Critically, the leader of this team will guide the company through the process of answering the following questions:
- What value are we creating for our customers and partners across our product suite?
- How should we segment the market to best understand value delivery and value capture?
- Which new markets or opportunities should we pursue? Why? How should we configure the portfolio of products to best serve the different segments in the market? What new product or pricing initiatives should we consider?
- How should the monetization and pricing strategy evolve throughout the lifetime of the product and adapt to changes in the market?
- What are the optimal pricing & packaging models to maximize adoption and monetization of Twilio’s portfolio?
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. This is a unique opportunity transform pricing into a strategic differentiator for Twilio in the marketplace.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.