Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an Employee Experience Events Manager who has a passion for the Employee Experience and knows how to create moments that build a great culture, retain talent and foster a sense of belonging. This role will support all internal events and community management.
We are looking for a creative and energetic cultural ambassador to be our Employee Experience Events Manager. This is a unique opportunity to drive culture and innovation alongside a dynamic and collaborative team.
- 5+ years experience in employee programming, event management and/or similar experience (diversity and inclusion programming a plus)
- Excellent program and project management skills executing at global scale
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to keep colleagues informed of workflow, post event analysis
- Track record of building strong relationships across a global organization and influencing key stakeholders including senior leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Proven track record of being self-aware, motivated, empathetic and comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, stay within budget and analyze impact
- Experience managing and coordinating work of senior leaders, internal stakeholders, content developers, creative services, and vendors
At Twilio, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, genders, beliefs, religions, ages and all people. We depend on the unique approach of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Twilio is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact - and this role is instrumental in helping us achieve that mission. Here are some specific areas you’ll be driving:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with all various stakeholders throughout Twilio to ensure an excellent experience for all Twilions
- BE AN OWNER: End-to-end management of pillar events for Twilions (Hackathon, Holiday Party, Summer Picnics, etc) across the distributed workforce
- DRAW THE OWL: Develop and execute events that drive our #BeInclusive value and enhance employee sense of belonging
- BE INCLUSIVE: Engage with our Global Real Estate and Workplace team to plan/execute events in partnership with the 20+ site councils locally
- NO SHENANIGANS: Oversee community postings on internal community slack channels to drive engagement and increase belonging
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop best practices and playbooks for building the events that live the Twilio Magic
- BE BOLD: Communicate company happenings across Twilio to get maximum participation with diverse/inclusive audiences
Through our hypergrowth, the Employee Experience team imagines and creates programs for each new stage of the company. As Twilio looks to add over 1000 people to a global population this year, it’s a business challenge that comes once in a career. Come and help us continue to build our amazing culture and employee experience where all Twilions feel appreciated, valued and can not only bring their authentic-self to work every day, but we also celebrate your authentic, unique perspective and contribution every day.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position location will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.