Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for an experienced engineering leader for our Enterprise Team in Bangalore, India. You will manage and grow an engineering team focused on building out experiences and a toolset that aids complex Enterprise customers thrive on the Twilio platform. As one of the first hires of our Enterprise team, you will play a key role in building and defining team culture and strategy.
- You are a leader who can influence the technical direction of a team, but you understand that your primary mission is growing a rock solid engineering team.
- You grow and lead talented engineers with diverse technical backgrounds.
- You know your team's operational metrics and know how to keep them delivering high quality, resilient, services and products in a cloud environment.
- You use agile methodologies and believe in constant incremental improvements.
- You are a leader that serves your team, empowers them, inspires them, and helps them grow, but knows when to hold them accountable as well.
- You believe in building a culture of learning, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- You are deeply committed in helping your customers be successful.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- 4+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience with owning and operating high-scale, high-availability cloud systems
Nice to Have:
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing and verification
- Experience with JWTs
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Be an Owner: Manage and lead a cross-functional team focused on Enterprise features.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize Collaborate with Product Management to define roadmaps and priorities.
- Be Bold Lead your teams through thoughtful design, development, testing, code reviews, and operations.
- Empower Others: Hire, manage and mentor front-end and back-end software engineers to foster their career growth.
- Wear the customer’s shoes: Drive quality, predictability, and velocity on your teams with a continuous improvement mindset.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio's Enterprise Platform offerings and tools, helps our customers connect to and use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach and operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, and to protect their data, while providing mission critical features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Bengaluru office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.