Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a motivated and data-driven Sourcing Manager to support the data center, network and cloud operations space. The candidate should have strong procurement skills, analytical and financial acumen, communication capabilities and a hands-on passion to dive-deep into processes used in our data center & cloud operations network.
You will be collaborative, but also work with significant autonomy. To be successful in this role you will be highly analytical; think strategically and globally; exhibit curiosity and learning drive; have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines, succeed in a fast-paced environment; and have a high level of customer focus and business judgement. This leader lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record managing large-scale supply chain and procurement improvement projects. They also have:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering and/or Operations
- 8+ years experience in a senior procurement role, practicing best-in-class procurement processes
- Experience in hosted infrastructure categories – private / public cloud, data centers, network - building category strategy and managing a team to drive execution and deliver savings
- Proven record of measuring KPIs, developing scorecards, reports, and driving Quarterly business review (QBR) process to monitor sourcing and supplier performance
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills paired with hands-on knowledge of Excel, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment
- Superior negotiation skills, developed through significant technology sourcing hands-on experience
- Experience leveraging Coupa, NetSuite and Oracle procurement & ERP systems for vendor spend management
As the Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for conducting category spend analyses and reporting, supplier stratification, and supply market, while living the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Developing plan on cost savings strategy for technology services and products – primarily focusing on sourcing and qualification of third-party cloud & data center service providers and cloud management tools
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Partnering with stakeholders to fully understand business roadmaps and creating sourcing pipeline & developing supplier strategy / plan for your categories
- DON’T SETTLE: Gaining understanding of industry trends to make educated recommendations about pricing, competition, supplier optimization, and market compression
- BE BOLD: Leading the negotiation of contracts with new suppliers and/or the renegotiation of existing contracts to accomplish lowest total cost of ownership and meet savings objectives
- DRAW THE OWL: Optimizing and bringing in efficiencies in source-to-contract process through standardization of commodity code structure (in Jira and Coupa)
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Continuously measuring, managing and improving supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA
- WRITE IT DOWN: Driving request for information (RFI) and request for proposals (RFP) with vendors, overseeing review of the proposals with business, compliance, security and legal teams and managing the entire bid to business award to contract execution process
The Strategic Sourcing team is instrumental in driving effective and efficient procurement of products and services for Twilio at the very best value, through negotiating commercial terms, mitigating risk while not compromising on quality. The Strategic Sourcing team is the key function which determines and manages the overall supplier partnership and strategy. The team is responsible protecting the company proactively from the risks of doing business with suppliers
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.