Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Marketing Campaigns team, you will help develop an intuitive product that allows our customers to build, manage, and send their digital marketing communications. You’ll work with a passionate, versatile, and collaborative team, tackling tough problems as we continue to push our technology forward. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted communication platform.
- Typically, 5-7 years of software development experience with cloud application development
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related industry experience
- 3+ years working in Go and/or Python
- Knowledge of building distributed systems at scale and microservices architecture
- Experience with REST API design and implementation
- Experience administering databases and integrating with data pipelines
- Experience with AWS preferred, multi-region deployment a plus
- Positive attitude and aptitude to learn and execute quickly in a small team
- Experience implementing modern automated testing approaches
- Strong communicator fluent in both written and verbal English
- Live by and champion our cultural values encompassed in what we call The Twilio Magic
- Collaborate with other team members, including our Product and API team, to help influence, own, and improve our current product offering
- Build, deploy and manage systems in the AWS cloud
- Work with container technology - Docker/Kubernetes
- Rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment
- Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, and our build/deploy systems
- Participate in Agile ceremonies for software development
- Contribute to the testing of our code and the delivery of what we create to production
Our stack includes: Golang, AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, S3), ReactJS, Snowflake, Terraform, Redis, SolrCloud, Kafka, Riak, Docker/Kubernetes, and Linux
As a member of the Marketing Applications Platform team, you will be directly responsible for helping build our next-gen marketing communications products. With a constant focus on our users, we hope to deliver a new set of tools that will disrupt the marketing SAAS industry. You will get a chance to design and implement solutions that will provide marketers and developers alike with the tools they need to create personalized communication experiences for their customers. Twilio adds in the complexities of scale and distributed systems to keep things interesting. Join an experienced and passionate team that focuses on making an impact. Opportunities abound to grow the product - and grow your career.
Additionally, you will get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
This position will be located at our Denver Twilio office where you will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values , who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.