Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why And Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking Site Reliability Engineers to support the growth of our Marketing Applications Platform team. You’ll work with passionate, versatile, and collaborative teams, tackling tough problems as we continue to push our technology forward. The SRE team will focus on engineering solutions for the stability of our applications aimed at ensuring Twilio products achieve the health and performance our customers deserve. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted communication platform.
Twilio is looking for engineers with a demonstrated track record of maintaining and building large scale systems.
- 2-4 years SRE, Production or Systems Engineering experience
- 3-5 years Software Development experience with cloud application development
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related industry experience
- Proficient in at least one of Java, C, Go, Python
- Experience in scripting and deployment automation (ie. Puppet or Chef)
- Experience with Linux in a large scale deployment
- Familiar with infrastructure and application instrumentation; defining and instrumenting SLOs and SLAs
- Knowledge of building distributed systems at scale and microservices architecture
- Experience with streaming and big data systems such as Kafka, HBase, Elasticsearch
- Experience managing public cloud infrastructure
- Experience implementing modern automated testing approaches
- Strong communicator fluent in both written and verbal English
As An SRE, You Will
- Live by and champion our cultural values encompassed in what we call The Twilio Magic
- Leverage your engineering skills to dive into and prevent scaling or stability bottlenecks of our platform services
- Instrument, automate, and load test Twilio’s globally distributed, highly available products and services
- Leverage Chaos Engineering approaches to identify opportunities for development
- Partner with product engineering teams to bring reliability into the dev cycle
- Work with product engineering teams to identify and instrument SLOs, and ultimately meet or exceed SLAs for Twilio customers
- Travel required 10% of the time (if applicable)
Our stack includes: Golang, AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, S3), ReactJS, Snowflake, Terraform, Redis, SolrCloud, Kafka, Riak, Docker/Kubernetes, and Linux
As a member of the Marketing Applications Platform team, you will be directly responsible for helping build our next-gen marketing communications products. With a constant focus on our users, we hope to deliver a new set of tools that will disrupt the marketing SAAS industry. You will get a chance to design and implement solutions that will provide marketers and developers alike with the tools they need to create personalized communication experiences for their customers. Twilio adds in the complexities of scale and distributed systems to keep things interesting. Join an experienced and passionate team that focuses on making an impact. Opportunities abound to grow the product - and grow your career.
Additionally, you will get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
This position will be located at our Denver Twilio office where you will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values , who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.