Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a passionate team member to lead Business Analytics and Operations for Twilio.org - the social impact business within Twilio. We are looking for a strong business analyst and operations leader with experience implementing thoughtful operations and processes that improve business insights and execution. You have a demonstrated track record of excellence in coordinating sophisticated cross-functional workstreams and leading transformational projects. We’re looking for an experienced analytics and operations leader who is ready to:
- Lead programs and work streams to drive business analytics and reporting including:
- Full funnel customer analytics from demand generation through customer acquisition, growth, and impact.
- Expand sales forecasting and rep productivity models to capture impact metrics
- Lead social impact reporting based on customer product usage
- Own cross team business process improvements and project management
- Own process, requirements, and work streams to support quarterly and annual planning with alignment across internal & external teams
- Support team enablement planning to improve technical skills scaling within team and across larger go-to-market teams
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading successful cross-functional projects. You will serve as the analytics and operational glue of Twilio.org, partnering with business leaders across Twilio to accelerate Twilio.org’s execution in fueling social impact.
- 7+ years of experience in process improvement or business operations, and executing cross-functional projects with tech and non-tech teams
- A process thinker and natural problem-solver. You are always thinking about how to make something better end to end, and you think critically about the key metrics that will tell you when you are successful.
- Analytically precise and detail-oriented. You have performed and delivered large-scale, consistently trustable, precise and actionable quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- An effective communicator. You provide clear written materials and so-whats, with actionable synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down. You will deliver well organized artifacts (presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making to improve sales execution and impact efforts.
- Wear the customer’s shoes. You think through the customer experience of a process end to end, and focus on resolving pain points for our customers and our employees.
- Highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first attitude enables you to easily and effectively work with multiple cross-functional teams to improve pricing programs and customer acquisition flows for social impact customers. You establish enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and stakeholders. You love helping others drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility.
As a the Twilio.org Analytics and Operations Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with and support business owners across functions to define and evaluate core processes, identify improvements, define key metrics, and measure outcomes.
- DON’T SETTLE: Deep dive into metrics to identify root cause, determine improvements, and follow through with action-oriented insights to reduce our time to launch new products, pricing, and programs to social impact customers.
- BE AN OWNER: Go elbows-deep into the details to simplify and scale our ability to reach social impact customers by conducting interviews with global stakeholders, synthesizing findings, and marrying qualitative insights with supporting data.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Develop an intimate understanding of our sustainable revenue model and social impact goals to drive customer success. Understand our organizational structure, our leaders and managers, and their objectives and concerns. Work relentlessly to make them more successful in helping our customers succeed.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress towards improving systems and processes to improve customer impact goals to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization
- DRAW THE OWL: Implement and improve comprehensive tracking and reporting for Twilio.org’s Crisis Response Initiative and Social Impact reporting where no historical data or methodologies exist.
The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s unique assets - our technology, funding, and employee time - to improve the lives of over 100 million a year around the world. As part of the team dedicated to social impact, you will tackle strategically critical process improvement projects across the Company, partnering with senior leaders and their teams to tackle operational challenges; enable growth and innovation; deliver critical business insights; and drive increased effectiveness, efficiency, and speed.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.