Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio Contacts Team is looking for a passionate Software Engineer who is excited at the opportunity to join a world-class Contacts Platform and solve some of the hardest engineering problems at Twilio. The centralized Contacts Platform is tasked to take the future of communications to a significantly powerful next level by strengthening the contacts inventory.
Twilio is looking for Software Engineer (Backend) who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- Expertise in building resilient, high-throughput services and distributed systems.
- Experience in building software, tests, code review etc.
- Experience building APIs and data delivery mechanisms for applications such as web dashboards, alerting & health systems, mobile applications, and third party integrations
- Experience working on AWS stack (EC2, RDS, SQS, Route 53, S3, Kinesis etc)
- Experience in database development (relational or NoSql) and time-series data stores
- Ability to design and manage CI / CD pipelines (Jenkins, Buildkite etc.)
- Advanced ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- Ability to mentor junior engineers to drive/grow processes for engineering excellency
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE, EMPOWER OTHERS: Work in a small, high-impact, diverse team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with the team to tackle complex problems in distributed computing
- BE AN OWNER: Build and operate your team's services in a distributed production environment in the DevOps model; Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests.
- DON’T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly look for areas of improvement in processes, system and optimize. Be an advocate for balancing tech debt and feature development
- Design and implement various initiatives, scalable infrastructure solutions that meet Twilio’s high scale & performance needs
- Perform detailed and thoughtful peer code reviews
- Help building Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery on managed AWS services
- Develop monitoring & alerting solutions that keeps our system’s health in check
- Internalize the set of good habits (Development techniques, Test Driven Development, Security, Tech debt balance, Agile discipline etc.) that drives high-end engineering excellence
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. Twilio's Contacts team is responsible for providing and managing Customer’s contacts and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring our data pipelines remain healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Redwood City, California. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.