Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Outbound Sales Development Representative role holds a key position in the growth and development of our sales pipeline. Success in this role directly impacts the evolution of how the company successfully engages and interacts with our customers, while helping to fuel the continued growth and success of Twilio.
Twilio is looking for Outbound Sales Development Representative who lives the Twilio Magic. You are right for this position if:
- You have 2+ years sales experience in the PaaS/SaaS industries OR 3 years of closing experience in another industry.
- You are excited working with customers
- Have some experience working in a target driven environment
- Are results orientated individual
- Possess a 'can do' attitude
- Relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems
- Native level fluency in Japanese and business level fluency in English are required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Partnering with our Field Sales and Marketing teams to build creative outreach programs that build pipeline within your territory.
- DRAW THE OWL: Research and build new and existing accounts via adding contacts, outbound calling efforts and sending strategic email and social campaigns.
- BE BOLD: Engaging in high level conversations with Product Managers, Engineers, Executives and C-Suite to enhance awareness and interest in targeted industries and segments.
- DON’T SETTLE: Develop strong relationships (both internal and external), and really excel at building long-lasting partnerships with prospective customers.
The Sales Development team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. The Outbound SDR will look to capture the attention of enterprise level companies that have been around for many years. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio’s platform to developers, non-profits and enterprise to make an impact on their services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications for customer engagement. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your career growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in the WeWork co-working space at Tokyu Yotsuya Building, 6-6 Kojimachi Chiyoda-ku. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.