Data Analyst, Operational Data Intelligence
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Analyst to be a key member of the Observability organization’s Operational Intelligence Engineering team in Bangalore, India. You will be joining one of the first teams of engineers in our new Bangalore office and as the first Data Analyst, with an opportunity to help define our technical and team culture in India. You will also help us build solutions that deliver actionable intelligence from a number of mission-critical systems, ensuring that Twilio is the leader in trusted communications. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, collaborate effectively, can mentor junior engineers and operate highly resilient services.
Twilio is looking for a strong data analyst who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working with data, specifically; sourcing and integrating data from multiple disparate backend data sources, developing business intelligence solutions and applying a deep analytics background to assess business performance and deliver actionable insights to improve efficiency and increase productivity. You should also have:
- You have a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Business, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, or Computer Science
- You have 5+ years experience in a data analyst role and have proficiency in statistical tools to do descriptive, predictive and diagnostic analyses
- You have 5+ years experience creating complex SQL statements.
- You have 5+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- You have 5+ years experience working with BI tools like Looker, Tableau.
- You have 5+ years of experience working with Hive, Presto, Redshift, Snowflake etc.
- You have 5+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- You have a proficiency in AI and ML.
- You are proficient in at least one major language such as Python, Scala, or Java.
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You have strong communication skills, and can effectively partner with analysts, product managers, engineers from across the business (Finance, Sales, Marketing, etc.)
As a Data Analyst on the Operational Data Intelligence team, you will:
- Work directly with the business (primarily GMs, engineers and product managers) to define the datasets, reports, dashboards they need to run their product engineering organizations
- Build and launch robust data processing pipelines and integrations, while simultaneously optimizing for performance and stakeholder requirements.
- Build data sets that provide trends and insights into engineering operational data: quality, performance, defects, deployment velocity, etc
- Ensure uptime and performance of data warehouse system.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
The Operational Intelligence Engineering team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to provide actionable insights from a vast number of different systems leveraged by product engineering teams to build, deliver, and operate their globally distributed services, arming them with the knowledge they need to continuously improve their quality, security, velocity, and efficiency. To do this we need to continue to develop and evolve our products and services and ensure they are able to scale; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.