Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to support the payroll operations in our newly opened office in Bengaluru and other countries outside the US. Working with the International Payroll Team in Dublin, the person in this role will either lead or assist in delivering first in class payroll service to our Employees, ensure compliance, accuracy and timely delivery of payroll related tasks and support projects across a number of jurisdictions.
Twilio is looking for an ideal candidate with the following:
- 4-5 years of experience managing payroll processing for India and working experience in accounting
- Experience with processing equity transactions
- Master’s degree in Finance or another relevant field
- High attention to detail
- Discipline and ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills in English
- Very strong customer focus
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Workday is a plus
- Experience in payrolls in jurisdictions outside India is a plus
As a Payroll Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
Be an Owner
- Oversee all payroll department operations in India
- Manage ad hoc projects related to payroll and benefits for India
- After necessary training, support the international payroll processing for multiple countries in EMEA and APJ
- Effectively collaborate with the payroll vendor to ensure that all pay impacting transactions are collected, processed and reported timely and accurately
- Assist the Accounting Team with payroll journal and accrual preparations and the reconciliations of payroll general ledger balances
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders and provide support and input when required
Draw the Owl
- Identify and improve payroll processes
- Deliver excellent Employee experience in relation to payroll onboarding, ad-hoc queries and annual tax reporting process
- Adhere to all legal and internal deadlines
- Understand employment tax requirements relating to compensation and benefits, including equity
- Oversee the annual income tax filing process
Write It Down
- Help improve payroll-related documentation and procedures
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bangalore office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.