Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and looking for a Security Program Manager to organize, structure, and drive the delivery of our internal security programs. As a senior leader within the security team, you will have responsibility for driving the creation of our strategic plans, coordinating delivery, communicating cross-functionally on our programs, and building and maintaining budgets
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has proven success partnering cross-functionally across a security org to align resources to accomplish project deliverables. They also have:
- 5+ years of experience in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives, ideally in security field
- Ability to influence without authority (both horizontally and vertically), analytical talent and leadership along with the capacity to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Significant experience with issue and project tracking systems
- Ability to meet deadlines, communicate delays, and clarify ambiguous requirements.
- High emotional intelligence; collaboration and relationship-building is key.
- Process and detail oriented, yet comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience working at scale
As a Senior Security Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Ensure documents for overall security plan are complete, current and detailed
- DRAW THE OWL: We are a security team of 60+, we are figuring it out as we go and need drivers who fail forward while learning in the process.
- BE AN OWNER: Manage our security program planning processes, ensuring expectations, scope and timelines are met
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will also be held accountable for streamlining processes and de-risking projects by working with your counterparts on other teams and ensuring the Security teams are firing on all cylinders.
- BE BOLD: Help elevate our brand in security communities by coordinating blog posts, presentations, and release of tools built by our team
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.