Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Architect who is passionate about leading cross-functional R&D teams. Customer Engagement Platform (CEP) team is up-leveling the communication by helping Twilio customers create a target, personalized engagement with their customers. This role will serve as the Architect across the global CEP R&D organization driving product architecture, reducing information silos across the org to improve decision making, and coordinating with other engineering teams to ensure seamless integration with other Twilio services.
- Personal traits - curious, humble, servant leader
- Professional traits - ownership, customer-obsessed, gets things done, highly collaborative, excellent communicator, and very comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty
- Have a track record of designing and building large-scale, cloud-based, highly available software platforms
- Are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through your leadership and driving teams to efficient decisions
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems.
- Domain Expertise in one or more of: Data pipelines and workflow, customer data platform, machine learning
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science-related field is a minimum requirement.
- You’ll bring your deep experience with distributed systems and platform engineering principles to the table. You are passionate about operational excellence and know-how to build software that delivers it. You are able to think at scale, define, and meet stringent availability and performance SLAs while ensuring quality and resiliency challenges across our diverse product and tech stacks are addressed
How you think:
- Independent - asks questions when something doesn’t make sense, and takes ownership of initiatives in an organized fashion
- Organized - able to meet tight deadlines and maintain high-quality work
- Communicative - able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Growth-minded - eager and open to learn and evolve quickly
- Self-structured - strong ability to work independently and efficiently, prioritize multiple tasks, and execute reliably
You live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Worked with your team providing engineering leadership and ensuring your resources are solving the most critical engineering problems while ensuring your products are scalable, performant, and highly available.
- NO SHENANIGANS:Focused on delivering the highest quality of services, and you support your team as they push production code that impacts hundreds of Twilio customers.
- BE AN OWNER: Believe in Extreme Ownership. Own mistakes and make plans to correct them.
- DRAW THE OWL: Spent time with engineering managers and developers to create and deliver critical new products and/or features that empower them to introduce change with quality and speed.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Passion for and demonstrated track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs.
- DON’T SETTLE: : Institute development best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code. Lead code and architecture design reviews.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Made sure to connect with your team, both onsite and remote, to ensure they are delivering on engineering and operational excellence.
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Increasingly, we’re hearing from our B2C customers that they’re struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors can’t replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative and team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement and Twilio, this project is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.