Workplace Operations Manager, EMEA
The Who, What, Why and Where
As the Workplace Operations Manager, EMEA, nurturing a collaborative and supportive team environment across the globe, with a focus on excellence in customer service delivery, is the number one priority. This role is ultimately responsible for planning and executing leveled-up operations and service delivery to every Twilio location in the region.
Twilio is looking for a proven leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering with integrity, transparency, and quality. They also have:
- 5+ years leading a team with both individual contributor, and manager level direct reports at a fast-growing organization, ideally in tech, and across a broad region
- 7+ years of experience in Workplace and/or Facilities Management, particularly in general Operations
- Proven experience hiring, managing, coaching, and building a team
- Deep understanding of how office environments affect culture, productivity, and retention
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results, measure effectiveness and hold themselves and their team accountable to the business needs
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
As the Workplace Operations Manager, EMEA, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: As the regional manager, you will support, develop and coach a multi-site team, providing learning, growth and engagement opportunities.
- BE AN OWNER: Manage the delivery of all Workplace Services across EMEA, including guest services, vendor management, food and beverage, and maintenance. DRAW THE OWL: Find gaps in a delivery model from internal and external sources, formulate strategies to approach, develop new policies, refine existing, communicate them and have the team execute against them. Act as a contributor and collaborator on office build outs and tenant improvement projects, working with Real Estate and Design & Construction, vendors and contractors.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Champion a team environment that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion, and partner with Design & Construction to reflect that in our office spaces.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Monitor customer perception and satisfaction ensuring we are exceeding expectations. Develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution and measure the impact and results.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Manage supplier contracts, including creating scalable agreements. Effectively manage suppliers to achieve contracted SLA’s and KPI’s. Develop process and system improvements to reduce single points of failure and continually raise the bar of execution.
The Real Estate and Workplace team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership to guide the company’s integrated workforce and workplace strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing real estate transactions, design and construction, and ongoing office operations that keep Twilions productive and energized.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Dublin office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.