Twilio for Salesforce Product Manager Job Description
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to go-to-market planning to revenue ownership. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your products.
You will lead the product team for Twilio for Salesforce, our native SMS integration for the Salesforce CRM Platform. Working with customers and the engineering team, you will identify user stories, write feature specifications, and create an amazing experience for our Salesforce customers. Your vision will grow the product to serve many thousands of customers ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- 7+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have hustle and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You have a real passion for the Salesforce ecosystem and deep knowledge of ecosystem products.
- You have significant experience with Salesforce Platform development. While you might not write production Apex, you know enough to identify well-written code. You understand the possibilities and constraints of developing on the Salesforce platform.
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are coming up with product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both in the same day.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Excel/Sheets and significant SQL expertise. The best product managers use a combination of data and gut feel, and know how to get the data from multiple systems when needed.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope at all stages of the product life cycle.
- We are seeking leaders who have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- Own the roadmap for Twilio for Salesforce. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Convert user stories and business needs into actionable specifications for the engineering team to deliver as features.
- Craft the experience for Salesforce Administrators setting up SMS within their organizations.
- Accelerate learning on new functionality by running workshops, previews or betas to gather Salesforce administrator feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Define and track meaningful experiments that measure product improvements.
- Work with Twilio’s Marketing and Sales teams to build a go-to-market strategy.
- Help define the future of Twilio’s partnership with Salesforce and ecosystem stakeholders.
Salesforce is a major area of growing interest for Twilio’s customers. Twilio is a global leader in communications, and Salesforce is a global leader in customer data. When our products work well together, Salesforce admins can send their customers the right communications, with the right message, at the right time. Success in the Salesforce ecosystem means that we’ll enable a whole new class of users to join the Twilio platform and drive better customer engagement.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.