Twilio for Salesforce Technical Lead / Application Architect Job Description
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio for Salesforce is Twilio’s flagship product on the Salesforce AppExchange. As the Architect for the application you will lead engineering efforts to build new functionality and scale the product to thousands of users.
Working with the Product Manager, you will identify product requirements and translate them into executable development stories. With your experience you can see both the forest and the trees; you’re able to architect highly scalable solutions, and also write code and make pull requests. You’ll model best practices for Salesforce Apex development for the rest of your team.
- 5+ years in a Salesforce platform development role involving the development of custom Apex.
- Salesforce Technical Architect certification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Understanding of development patterns and techniques for building highly scalable applications on Salesforce.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and real time communications protocols.
- You have a real passion for the Salesforce ecosystem and deep knowledge of ecosystem products.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and grow your teammates as engineers. You will be the senior technical contributor to the team, and will be responsible for cultivating the team’s collective engineering capabilities.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Writing and deploying reliable code is at the core of what you do; you have a philosophy on how to test your code and develop reliable applications.
- Knowledge of Git/Github, continuous integration tools, and Salesforce managed package publishing.
- Own the technical implementation of Twilio for Salesforce features. Work with product management to prioritize and scope technical work.
- Provide accurate level-of-effort estimates to product stakeholders.
- Commit Apex code that implements technical specifications and serves users.
- Conduct code reviews that provide insightful feedback and elevate the quality of your team’s work.
- Keep up to date on Salesforce development best practices and trends; advise on new products and functionality being introduced in the ecosystem and how that will influence product roadmap.
Salesforce is a major area of growing interest for Twilio’s customers. Twilio is a global leader in communications, and Salesforce is a global leader in customer data. When our products work well together, Salesforce admins can send their customers the right communications, with the right message, at the right time. Success in the Salesforce ecosystem means that we’ll enable a whole new class of users to join the Twilio platform and drive better customer engagement.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.