Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr. Engineering Manager to be a key member of the Risk Platform Engineering Team in Bangalore, India. You will be joining one of the first teams of engineers in our new Bangalore office, with an opportunity to help define our technical and team culture in India. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, collaborate effectively, can mentor junior engineers and operate highly resilient services.
Twilio is looking for a strong Sr. Engineering Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of shipping high-quality software. They also have:
- A Masters or Bachelors degree.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience developing highly-available full stack applications and distributed systems with 5+ years of that experience working as an Engineering Manager, preferably in connection with a fraud-related tool or product.
- Stellar communication, organization and management skills with proven track record in an agile environment.
- Ability to explain your technical and business decisions in detail.
- Proficiency with at least one JVM-based language and databases.
- Experience developing RESTful services.
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches.
- Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines, and configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems.
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
The following are optional “nice-to-have”, bonus qualifications:
- Experience working with cloud technologies and platforms.
- Proficiency with Scala and/or Python, Node.
- Knowledge of telecommunications.
As a Sr. Engineering Manager:
- Build and mentor a team of talented Software Engineers with various levels of experience and positively influencing their careers.
- Develop product and technical specifications for bugs, enhancements, and new features, including writing user stories and cutting tickets.
- Work closely with the Fraud Operations team and the Data Analytics team to identify and understand the ever-changing landscape of fraud vectors and then take action to keep up with new forms of fraud.
- Work with other product and development teams to ensure that Twilio’s new and existing products incorporate anti-fraud efforts and publish the appropriate data to our fraud-fighting tools.
- Communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services.
- Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- Create technical specifications, user stories, database and API designs based on business requirements.
- Work on full-stack development of platform tools and web services.
- Manage highly critical risk platform tools in the cloud.
- Own reliability for the team’s services and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Adapt to prioritizing multiple issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams.
- Conduct performance analysis, capacity management and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
The Platform Engineering Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to provide every engineer at Twilio with the DevOps APIs and tools that they need to successfully build fast, reliable and ship quality features on top of our platform. Engineering in Platform means understanding the demands of Twilio’s entire R&D team; engineering our services beyond the scaling and performance challenges we face; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.