Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to go-to-market planning to revenue ownership. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your products. You will lead the product requirements required to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services that must operate at better than five 9s availability, all while the product grows at an exponential growth rate.
Super Network is looking for a Head of Product to join the Infrastructure team. You will understand the needs of our customers in the internet edge and telecommunications services and build products to help our customers scale and deploy worldwide. Working side by side with other product managers and engineering counterparts, you will collaborate to craft and deliver on the vision, wholesale and product strategy, and roadmap for internet edge services and telecommunications products at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading a Product Management organization. They also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 7 years of product management experience in Software Development environment
- Strong experience in networking / wholesale product strategy in the telecommunications industry
- Experience in managing teams
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate a plan to stakeholders effectively
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Adept at inspiring behavior change through motivating teams, planning initiatives, designating priorities, and being decisive when faced with ambiguity
As a part of Super Network as Head of Product, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic customer markets and provide key findings to internal stakeholders in order to design the future product strategy. Consolidate various needs with internal teams with a goal of building a product portfolio.
- DRAW THE OWL: Design products, processes and workflows that will fuel and enable our customers communications.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead in all aspects during the creation of a product roadmap. Prioritize and evaluate the work generated by our engineering teams in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our leadership. Work with engineering teams, product and project managers to deliver our roadmap in a timely manner, with clear expectations in mind.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Work with our teams in a full transparent and respectful manner.
Brands globally are incorporating more and more internet edge and telecommunications services into their applications and workflows, informing users of appointments, deliveries, and connecting brands to their customers. Usage is set to continue growing exponentially and Twilio’s Super Network Infrastructure is helping our customers to fuel their business with services such as direct interconnections or private VPNs.
Our business unit builds not just the internet and telecommunication APIs of today, but also of tomorrow. From Twilio’s API for Interconnections and VPN automation to the future of network and infrastructure automation, Twilio is working to provide a carrier grade “as a service” infrastructure using API and last generation technologies.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. With 6 million developers on the platform, you will have the opportunity to have an impact on a massive scale. Your job will be to turn developers into heroes!
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.