Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio's Data Platform is looking for Software Engineers to join our team. The team runs hundreds of Kafka, Elasticsearch, Kudu and Spark nodes spread across many clusters, environments and regions and is an integral component to many of Twilio’s core products.
We’re looking for engineers to help us scale and provide rock-solid service on our critical data infrastructure, design our customer facing APIs, and shape the ecosystem of how Twilio thinks about data engineering at large.
Your experience includes:
- Developing low latency, highly available, globally distributed services platform that is used by over a dozen products with millions of events per minute.
- Development of secure and resilient customer facing APIs
- Leverage open source data technologies such as Elasticsearch, Spark, Kafka and S3
- Own and operate production services in AWS cloud infrastructure using tools like Datadog and Rollbar
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
In this role, you will:
- DRAW THE OWL: Lead the development of data products, services and tools, in Java, Scala and Python, implement best practices
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment
- WRITE IT DOWN: Break down requirements, estimate tasks to ensure high quality deliverables
- BE AN OWNER: Support development operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can move fast and ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with other teams and work cross-functionally for product launches.
Twilio’s Data Platform processes billions of records per day and operates at the petabyte scale. Our engineers deal with a wide variety of data technologies, distributed systems, and design considerations to provide data as a platform to the rest of Twilio Engineering.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. The Engineering team plays an integral role in building out the products that allow our developer community to meet their communication needs.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more. You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.