Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Software Engineer - Resilience UX Engineering
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Platform Resilience User Experience team. Platform Engineering at Twilio is about delivering force-multiplying software solutions that keep Twilio shipping products with quality and velocity. Resilience Engineering is focused on ensuring delivery of quality by delivering a vision of Testing as Service for Twilio Engineers.
As an engineer on the team revitalizing our UI/UX testing across Twilio, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving testing automation frameworks and processes. The team’s goal is to build a Testing as Service platform to enable Twilio Engineering teams to ensure that Twilio’s online console products, websites, are functional, usable, and of high quality.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering quality software as a service.
They also have:
- 2-5+ years experience developing SDET and web application UI/UX Test Automation frameworks
- Experience working in a DevOps environment. Previous AWS experience required.
- Experience with Cypress, Selenium, and TaaS tools like Applitools, Saucelabs, etc….
- Experience working on development teams using agile scrum methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Software Engineer for the Resilience UX Team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze the UI Automation Testing needs and asks of Twilio web application developers.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new automation tools, frameworks and ideas from internal and external sources and drive end-to-end execution of R&D and Software Development for these tools at Twilio.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Assist in all aspects of UI automation test framework development and implementation including strategy formation, developing use cases and Proof of Concept products, coding and developing new products, and new product integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all cross functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our engineering leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating tools, conducting due diligence, and determining development strategy and execution with your team members.
The Resilience User Experience (RUX) team is central to Twilio's focus on our customers. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide the company’s strategy related to Quality Engineering and automated web application testing. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, implementing and executing automated web application test frameworks and tools that drive our code quality, and which improve our developers’ ability to employ continuous integration to test and deploy code quickly and reliably with a minimum of defects.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.