The Who, What, Why and Where
Internet fraud is exploding. As every company moves business online, and our lives depend more than ever on our ability to securely access vital services, the opportunity for fraudsters is also climbing steeply. Twilio’s Account Security team helps companies connect with their users, and enables builders to prevent account takeovers and fraud. Trusted communications is our mission - and the scope of our solutions is global.
Twilio is looking for a senior engineering leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building and operating cloud services at scale. They are also:
- Has experience working with or building communication platforms, understands how telcos work.
- Passionate about operational excellence and have the know-how to build an engineering organization that consistently delivers it.
- Intimately familiar with agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- A pragmatist, able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for their team.
- A highly collaborative people manager who measures their success based on the success of those around them.
- A strategic thinker, who thrives when operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of mission critical services, such as multi-factor authentication
- A coordinator that is capable of navigating complex and multifaceted incidents maintaining a calm and acute focus while helping engineers figure things out.
- Is obsessed on understanding a problem to its root cause in depth, capable of conducting the 5 whys exercise everywhere and has a clear mindset to help understand the impact of decisions made.
- An inspiring leader who is able to clearly articulate their vision for providing intelligent online threat protection services to our customers
As an Account Security Senior Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Define, document, and promote standards and practices for engineers to follow to help them efficiently create high quality authentication services.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Create a team culture through empathy and promotion of Twilio’s values where engineers are able to do their best work. Enable your team to focus on the most important initiatives.
- BE BOLD: Set the bar for a highly scalable multi-factor authentication platform through a clear vision and fast execution.
- DRAW THE OWL: Help Twilio re-invent authentication for customers thrown into an age of heightened uncertainty combined with increased privacy requirements and more sophisticated attack vectors.
- BE AN OWNER: Make ascertained prioritization decisions taking into account input from multiple stakeholders while championing the scalability and reliability of our services.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Let the most pressing problems of our customer’s drive innovative solutions that strike an effective balance between high security and low friction.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Be a good listener. Incorporate the voices from peers, your team and your customers to ensure the best solutions are the ones that are prioritized.
Account Security Engineering is the founding team of our Bogota office. Our developers build the leading Authy multi-factor authentication app used by millions around the world. Every day we push the boundaries of web-scale service delivery, operating with utmost reliability the API services that secure the online presence of the biggest brands. We are passionate about crafting simple APIs that developers will love.
By joining us you will have the opportunity to work with a team of bright and supportive professionals who will care about helping you on a successful career path.Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office building in Bogota, Colombia. You will enjoy our perks: catered meals, snacks, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.