Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a product-oriented team of engineers in our fast growing Bogotá office. This team is responsible for building products and tooling that power Twilio's core "Phone Numbers" business. As one of the largest phone number providers in the world, we are drawing the owl and solving inventory and regulatory number issues that nobody has ever encountered before.
Reporting to Phone Numbers Director of Engineering, you will lead your team in designing, building, and operating world-class products loved by developers and enterprises worldwide, and -- as well as a series of production services that will define how the Cloud Communications industry thinks about connectivity and drive significant growth for Twilio's and our customers' growth. And you’ll be a key leader at a company that recognizes that people are our most important resource, keeping your team -- and the individuals that comprise it -- learning, growing, and succeeding.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading successful engineering teams. They also:
- Have 2+ years experience successfully building and managing a team of Software Engineers and 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Are inclusive and empower others. They will lead a team in Bogotá, and collaborate with Twilio Phone Numbers and Eng worldwide. They care deeply about the productivity, growth, and satisfaction of your team and of the broader company, and understand how to achieve great engineering results for both.
- Have created technical specifications, user stories, database and API designs based on business requirements.
- Have stellar communication, organization and management skills with proven track record in an agile environment.
- Have a solid understanding of continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Have enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture. We ship products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams, and a very large user base.
- Are Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- Are fluent in Spanish and English.
As an Engineering Manager,, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Write product specifications and coordinate with engineering the work that needs to be done.
- DRAW THE OWL: Create fast prototypes for automation to understand if this is what the customers need.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Engage directly with customers and also leverage our UX research and customer service teams to learn exactly what our customers need and want.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Grow your engineering team - create opportunities and build growth plans for their success. Nothing excites you more than making your team members personally succeed.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Partner with Phone Number product managers and other teams to create roadmaps and deadlines that results in quality software being written in a scalable way.
The Phone Numbers organization is at the center of nearly everything Twilio does and is an essential product at world class companies like Uber, ING Bank and others.. The products we build not only unlock new possibilities for our customers, they also enable other teams inside Twilio to build new great features as well. We are building the future of what a phone numbers inventory system is and unlocking more value for the millions of developers who use our platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Bogotá, Colombia. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, BBQs, gym stipend, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.