Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr. Finance Manager to join the R&D Finance team. This high-visibility role gives you a platform to drive investment intensity and growth. As the Finance Leader to our largest P&L portfolios, your ability to effectively manage all financial reporting, pro forma modeling, strategic assessment during quarterly business cycles and lead long range planning, annual planning processes will determine your success. In addition, this role will require you to build a deep business partnership with the Engineering & GTM teams, to clearly communicate the current state of the business and to develop standardized financial & operational measurement.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in building and developing best practices in a high growth environment. We seek someone who has:
- 7+ years of relevant analytical and management experience in Tech / SaaS Product Finance, FP&A or technology investing (VC/PE/fund).
- Strong communication; experience presenting to C-level and Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills and clear thinking; experience building scalable models and processes.
- Demonstrated track of record in product revenue forecasting, margin analysis, and pricing exposure.
- Fluent understanding of Product P&L dynamics, unit economics, and common SaaS metrics.
- Experience in managing financials to meet quarterly/annual targets, setting up standard P&L reporting and variance analysis
As Sr. Manager, Product Finance you will:
- BE BOLD: Partner with Engineering Leaders and Operations to drive solid operating cadence and financial discipline
- BE AN OWNER: Standardize and improve operating/reporting cadences to generate value-added insights and actionable recommendations to drive growth and influence business KPIs
- NO SHENANIGANS: Report and communicate variances from planned/forecasted results to the Leadership Team on a regular basis
- WRITE IT DOWN: Partner with Corporate FP&A team to refine COGS forecast methodologies and drive accuracy and consistency
- DRAW THE OWL: Play finance leadership role in building internal dashboards to enable real-time analytics of product/deal economic (prices, costs, and margins)
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with Corporate system team to implement Product P&L structure and reporting capabilities in Anaplan
- DRAW THE OWL: Support senior leadership in financial analysis of strategic partnerships and M&A opportunities
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business. The R&D Finance team is central to Twilio’s investment decision-making process. The Sr. Manager, Product Finance is a critical role that will further enable the Product leadership team to make strategic investment decisions. We need a leader who is passionate about product economics and eager to expose important trends that will help shape Twilio’s future direction.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.