Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer who wants to design, develop, deploy and operate services at scale to power Twilio’s AI/ML products. You are eager to learn from the team as well as inspire your teammates with your knowledge and skills. You think about how data shapes software as much as how your code does. Thinking of scale comes naturally to you. You have a keen sense of how data streams should be managed and how data should be organised. You have experience working with key-value, document and relational data stores. You have experience building and operating large distributed systems with high reliability and scalability.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and they also have:
- 4+ years in industry as a Developer or DevOps expert working on high scale, mission-critical systems
- Implemented and operated solutions on AWS (or equivalent cloud platform)
- Experience with containers and container orchestration systems (eg. Kubernetes and Docker)
- Experience setting up CI/CD to automate delivery process
- Experience with deployment, operations and cluster management
- Focused on E2E testing and high reliability
You need to have the basic qualifications to be considered for this position. Below qualifications would be great to have but not required.
- Expert in Python, or another scripting language like Bash
- Experience in Java or C++ in a production environment
- Exposure to Machine Learning and toolkits like Tensorflow, PyTorch
- Experience in Cassandra or other key value stores
- Experience with Queueing processes and technologies such as SQS, Kafka.
- You’re comfortable with SQL and noSQL databases and replication schemes to enable high availability with failover
This job is for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer to be in charge of developing and supporting large scale systems for running machine learning applications
- WRITE IT DOWN: Operate cloud based systems for accurate transcription of speech from various sources
- DRAW THE OWL: Analyze and evaluate the quality of data used for model training and testing
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Setup continuous integration and testing systems and advice the team on best practices
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Automate model validation and metrics collection in collaboration with the engineering teams.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Develop and maintain model customization workflow and pipeline to automate model customization for various customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in beautiful office at Sokolovská 694/100a, Prague 8 – Karlín, 18600 in Prague. You will enjoy our incredible perks: leisure room with fayboys and a slot machine you can play with and relax, fully stocked snacks, fresh fruit and drinks, catered breakfast and lunch for all of us once per week, a small tennis table (and people who love to be challenged playing it!) and frequent fun events.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.