Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers’ and partners’ developers, architects and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
Twilio is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our USAVoice Support team. We are seeking candidates with a proven record of providing outstanding technical support, who have expertise with VOIP/SIP/IP-PBXes, REST APIs, and the development of web and mobile applications.
- 2-4 years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- A demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to customers with a range of technical backgrounds.
- Experience delivering proactive guidance and suggesting workarounds to minimize business impacting downtime.
- Experience troubleshooting applications including the ability to experiment with software and telecommunications systems, reproduce customer reported behaviors and communicate these to engineers and vendors.
- The time management skills to handle a large volume of tickets while maintaining high Customer Satisfaction and meeting SLA targets.
- 2+ years of telecom experience, including in-depth knowledge of SIP and IP Telephony protocols and the use of packet capture tools (e.g. Wireshark) to identify irregularities.
- Product knowledge of VOIP PBX software and equipment, including experience implementing, deploying, maintaining and supporting Avaya, Cisco, Asterisk, FreePBX or similar platforms of significant size.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including obtaining urgent resolutions from third party vendors.
- Experience troubleshooting WebRTC applications.
- A firm understanding of computer networking and the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem. Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach colleagues.
- Able to work standard USA working hours.
- Able to work a shift schedule that includes a weekend day.
- Ability to work additional hours, weekends and holidays (as needed) may be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (5+ years industry experience in a similar role).
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Voice team, you will:
- Be the voice of Twilio and help customers with issues related to their calls, voice
- applications, and SIP trunks, as well as carrier and VOIP connections.
- Examine PCAPs, HTTP requests/responses, and application code.
- Explore historical and real-time data to aid in diagnosing issues.
- Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- Play a pivotal role in urgent customer communications as a frontline member of our on-call team.
- Surface customer feedback to our Product Management and Engineering teams to identify and drive improvements in our voice products.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe in order to improve our support process.
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we are dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be based out of our Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.