Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Strategic Growth Account Executive to play a key role in further growing the business across the West region. As our new Strategic Growth Account Executive you will be responsible for retention, revenue growth and identification of new joint use cases within key customer accounts (1-100 employees) including some of the most successful startups.
We are looking for Strategic Growth Account Executives who are looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market.
- Several years of experience in solution selling into Mid Market or Commercial segments and a track record of personally selling and closing complex solutions (Cloud, Saas or CPaas). Ideally, you also have experience selling both to a business and technical audience.
- Demonstrated success by overachieving quota on a consistent basis.
- Ability to expand and build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders to understand and uncover new opportunities.
As Strategic Growth Account Executive, you will:
- Be responsible for net new growth within key customer accounts (ranging from 1-100 employees), at scale with some of the world's fastest growing startups to optimize their existing Twilio use cases and find new ways for them to leverage communications in their businesses.
- Your territory includes a region of Twilio’s existing accounts, with a named set of accounts. You will have responsibility for incremental revenue growth and retention, new use cases and software adoption, and cross sell Twilio’s new products.
- Establish a thorough understanding of your named account's business strategy and growth plans and develop, lead, and execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customer’s communication workflow and business outcomes.
- Strengthen and expand Twilio’s relationships within these customer accounts, including up-leveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations while expanding visibility and on-site Twilio presence.
- Responsible for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with customers, leverage cross functional teams to build and execute account plans and strategies for each target account.
The West Sales team plays an integral role in Twilio's continued growth and has already built a solid customer base in region. As our new Strategic Growth Account Executive you will be responsible for revenue growth and retention, but also cross sell Twilio’s new products to existing customers. Your goal is for Twilio to be a trusted advisor to help companies solve their pains and challenges through communication workflows, improve their overall customer engagement experience and meet their business objectives.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 101 Spear Street, San Francisco, California. You will enjoy our office perks: flexibility in working hours, generous PTO, snacks, game room, team dinner once a week and catered team lunches several times a week, home-office, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.