Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and we are seeking a Senior Technical Trainer to join our team in London. As a Senior Technical Trainer you will be the champion of Twilio's products, and be the point of contact for our products for our new customers and partners. This position will engage with our early stage customers to educate them on best practices and help them build their project on Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of technical training. We seek someone with:
- 3 - 5 years experience in a technical trainer position conducting classroom training for related technology products and services
- A strong stage presence and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
- Previous experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Previous experience building with REST APIs
- Experience in live product demonstrations including programming
- Excellent presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
- Ability to take complex topics and make them simple and digestible
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects
- Ability to travel internationally up to 40% of time
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, or relevant work experience required
As a Senior Technical Trainer, you will:
- Deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and partners on a regular schedule, in-person or remotely
- Perform live coding presentations
- Assist in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying certification materials
- Help shape the ongoing strategy and mission of the training and certification program.
- Work with key vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content
- Become an expert and maintain the level of knowledge of Twilio products through continued self-education or ticketing work
- Define strategy and execute on education webinar program for early-stage customers
The Twilio Training team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with customers of all sizes to educate and enable. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. Outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be in our beautiful office located at 7 Soho Square, W1D 3QB. You will enjoy our incredible perks: ergonomic workspaces, a wellness room, massages, monthly team breakfast and dinner, catered lunches twice a week, snacks, fresh fruit, regular team and office events and activities, monthly global All Hands, happy hours and much more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.