Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for an Associate Technical Account Manager to join the global Personalized Support Team. Supporting our customers’ use of products, you will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for their issues. The Associate TAM delivers proactive guidance to the customer to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies and deliver recommendations to make the customer’s environment less susceptible to business impacting downtime. You are able to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: Understanding of WebRTC would be a HUGE plus.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting and collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Excellence in task prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
A regular day in the life of an Associate Technical Account Manager at Twilio would consist of working on the cases raised by various top tier customers and looking at ways to prevent future occurrences of such issues. Some examples include: examining packet capture data and engaging one of our carriers to resolve a one-way audio issue in Germany, providing advice to a customer whose web server is not responding to HTTP requests from Twilio, and calling a customer to discuss the design of a function for transferring calls between agents in a call center.
As an Associate TAM you will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- Understanding customer trends, analysing patterns, driving betterments and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process is a key part of the role.
- Be ready to assist our customers when they need us. This position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend/holidays (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs).
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks and regular team events and activities along with regular company and regional All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.