Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio IoT is one of the fastest growing businesses at Twilio and as we embark on our next phase of growth, we are seeking a Sr. Product Marketing Manager, who can own positioning and shape our narrative in the market. As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for understanding our products, customers, market alternatives, and the market trends to establish Twilio IoT’s differentiated leadership position. Reporting to the Head of Marketing for Twilio IoT, this is a critical position with an incredible opportunity to have an impact on Twilio's success.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of driving product success.
- Understanding of the IoT stack, from embedded devices and connectivity to cloud services.
- Technical background with an engineering degree and/or product management experience.
- Experience gathering and analyzing customer insights, competitive intelligence and market trends.
- History of category creation, thought leadership and shaping the narrative in the market.
- Track record of partnering with product to develop product strategy and roadmap.
- Strong communication, story-telling, writing, content-creation and presentation skills with the ability to take the complex and make it simple.
- Experience presenting at the C- level to customers and prospects, as well as to analysts and the press.
- Experience leading product launches, from crafting pricing and messaging to managing the launch tactics.
- A data-driven mentality with strong analytical and research skills.
- A hands-on leadership experience, from strategic thinking and planning to project managing and executing, you can do it all.
As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the Twilio IoT positioning and category creation.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Craft the story and narrative we want to tell in order to drive product preference and customer adoption and ensure it is reflected in all our communications, including website, case studies, whitepapers and sales pitches.
- DRAW THE OWL: Analyze the customer insights, market alternatives and work with product teams to define the product’s sustainable competitive advantages, positioning, and messaging.
- BE BOLD: Define the positioning and narrative that breaks through the clutter of noise and crystallizes why Twilio IoT is the superior choice. Evangelize and advocate the narrative in the market with customers, analysts and media.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Gain a deep understanding of the customer buy team (both the business and technical buyers) and buying journey and effectively disseminate the lessons learnt into the product strategy, roadmap, messaging, content, and sales strategy.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be able to manage conflicting priorities from the various senior stakeholders and execute each committed program/initiative well.
- DON’T SETTLE: Be continuously testing and learning to improve how we position our portfolio and go to market better.
Twilio IoT is transforming the way companies connect and manage their IoT devices. We are empowering developers to build any IoT solution they can imagine on a scalable, trusted and flexible developer platform. The IoT team is one of the coolest and fastest growing Business Units within Twilio. The IoT Product Marketing team at Twilio is responsible for driving the market success of our IoT product line through world-class messaging and positioning, and storytelling that is rooted in deep customer and market insights.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.