Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing fast and looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our globally distributed Flex engineering organization on our Data Pipeline team. Flex is Twilio’s flagship contact center solution and is a unique product that provides our customers with the building blocks they need to meet their needs. A key component of the Flex solution includes providing insight and statistics to the end user about what is happening within their contact center. The Data Pipeline team will build the scaffolding that will become the central data layer powering the flex application. You will be a key member of a team that develops a highly scalable platform, supporting over 100 Flex applications and thousands of end users.
- 6+ years of software development experience in a modern programming language
- Experience with distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
- Experience with event or time based streaming technologies
- Focus on designing and implementing systems for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability
- Experience owning and operating services end-to-end, from debugging and testing to release management and monitoring
- Experience with championing good engineering habits (development techniques, TDD, security, and tech debt balance, agile habits) within your team
- Strong communication skills: in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with other engineering teams and with members of the product organisation to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and tech specs
- DRAW THE OWL: Build new features without having all of the answers
- BE AN OWNER: Architect new systems with a focus on scalability, testability, and maintainability
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Help resolve technical issues and blockers for internal and external customers
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring. We care what our code looks like, and you should too
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with colleagues on a small, energetic team
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: free lunch, snacks, beer and cold brew on tap, ergonomic desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.