Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Salesforce Platform Applications Manager to join our growing Sales Operations team. This role is perfect for Salesforce-fluent marketing ops professional or former consultant who is looking for the opportunity to design solutions for a high-volume inbound funnel and growing prospecting team, plus curate an effective, best-in-class prospecting tech stack.
You are right for this role if you’re passionate about creating high-impact business and technical programs, work well with stakeholders from both marketing and sales leadership, and want to curate a stack of technologies that make a high-volume, high-performing team more streamlined and capable of driving transformative growth.
You’re someone who digs solving complex, interconnected technical and business problems while partnering with a diverse set of stakeholders across the sales and marketing organizations. You’re capable of quickly understanding what’s working (or not) in a given situation and crafting and communicating a structured, organized way forward that may involve both technical and process improvements. You have solid Salesforce skills that you’re looking to take to the next level, and you’re experienced with marketing automation platforms and how they integrate with SFDC. You’re comfortable working with an engineering team to communicate technical specifications and drive projects to completion, and you’re capable of handling hands-on declarative Salesforce work — this position will have many opportunities for both. You’re excited about the idea of a high-autonomy role where you’re trusted and empowered to craft and own a roadmap, and mentored in solution architecture, process-flow mapping, and product ownership. Ideally, you have three to five years experience building solutions on the Salesforce platform and/or working with marketing automation platforms.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of designing solutions. They also have:
- 3-5 years in a Salesforce, marketing automation, or CRM architecture role
- Experience with Marketo (or another marketing automation platform) and how it integrates with Salesforce
- Experience with inbound and outbound prospecting processes in Salesforce, including complex or custom routing rules
- Experience supporting the technical needs of inbound- and outbound-prospecting teams within Salesforce and other tools
- Experience with optimizing and empowering users on sales engagement and acceleration technologies including email automation/integration, voice calling, and meeting scheduling tools
- Excellent stakeholder relationship and project management skills, including proactive communication and aligning with stakeholder goals
- Strong ability in Salesforce data models, custom objects, declarative automation, and understanding of when to use declarative automation versus code
- Strong grasp of top-of-funnel industry-standard metrics (e.g. SIRIUS Decisions demand waterfall)
- Salesforce Administrator certification
- Experience conducting user feedback and shadowing sessions and aggregating results into an actionable roadmap
- Interest in user experience in a CRM system
- Salesforce Developer certification
You will own and implement a roadmap of platform-related initiatives that will improve Twilio’s abilities to deliver a best-in-class marketing integration and inbound-and-outbound prospecting experience. You’ll partner with marketing and sales analytics to deliver accurate, actionable metrics about top-of-funnel health and areas for improvement. Through your work, you will ensure our prospecting teams have all the tools they need to drive a robust pipeline, and that our partners in marketing operations are enabled to deliver high-quality data to Salesforce. Additionally, you’ll join a solution-architect-led team of platform managers focused on solving problems in the sweet spot between business and technology and have an opportunity to collaborate with program management and analytics resources to drive transformative projects for our marketing and pre-sales teams.
As a Salesforce Platform Applications Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Discover and provide recommendations for eliminating technical debt from our top-of-funnel tools
- BE AN OWNER: Evaluate and streamline existing sales acceleration/prospecting tools
- DON’T SETTLE: Identify and eliminate impediments to migrating prospecting teams to Salesforce Lightning
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Develop a holistic vision and product roadmap for best-in-class inbound-and-outbound tooling
- BE INCLUSIVE: Meet regularly with BDR/SDR leaders and users to identify pain points and process improvement needs, then implement the solutions
- BE AN OWNER: Solution, scope and lead the initial migration from custom lead-management solution to lightly customized OOTB Salesforce solution
- BE BOLD: Explore and validate scalable, long-term investments in pre-sales/top-of-funnel tools
The Sales Operations team is crucial for the success and scalability of our Go-to-Market efforts. We are the custodians of the systems, processes, and data that power the day-to-day interactions across the Sales and Customer Success organization.
We created this role because we are passionate about giving our pre-sales teams all the high-quality tools they need to succeed. We also recognize that we can do a better job at these things. Through your day-to-day work and driving of long-term initiatives, you will help refine our top-of-funnel infrastructure and truly deliver a world-class Go-to-Market model.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.