Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Workplace Project Manager with experience in all areas of the tenant improvement construction process. As a Project Manager you will lead all aspects of construction management for Twilio. The role requires close coordination with project stakeholders from various teams including Finance, Legal, Real Estate, Workplace Operations, IT/AV, Security, and EH&S to bring our projects to fruition.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a deep knowledge of the design and construction, as well as building practices. They need to be skilled in reading design and construction drawings for all disciplines, and have solid working knowledge of operations and maintenance. Their experience should demonstrate at least 7 years' progression of increased responsibility in project management. This person will:
- Assume project responsibility from pre-construction through closeout for multiple projects at a time
- Manage consultants and construction teams
- Set up and maintain all documents that will pertain to a project to ensure procedural and contractual compliance
- Initiate and maintain positive working relationships with consultants, subcontractors, vendors and other project team members
- Maintain effective working relationships with various stakeholders around the company
- Provide an accurate monthly budget report, over/under billings and cash flow projection for active projects
- Proactively communicate with the project team, internal stakeholders regularly
- Contribute to company’s culture and values through thought leadership and partnership
- Ensure projects are built on schedule, within budget
- Recommend departmental and project process improvements to increase effectiveness, efficiency and productivity
- Facilitate Lessons Learned meetings and incorporate learnings into future builds, with an eye on always improving
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or related field with a minimum of 7 years’ related experience
- Read, understand and interpret construction plans, schematics, blueprints, drawings, and technical manuals to determine appropriate construction methods
- Knowledge of architectural, construction and design techniques, including self-performed work
As a Workplace Project Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Meet with internal engineering groups, operations and business units to determine detailed project requirements. Create and maintain the project budget including securing internal approval for capital funding
- DRAW THE OWL: Review and comment on contracts and terms and conditions as it pertains to costing and deliverables for a project or scope. Review all proposals and change order requests from the Consultants, General Contractor, Suppliers, and Subcontractors
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Ability to manage multiple projects including equipment upgrades and modifications within occupied buildings. Drive both internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines as required per the project delivery schedule
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Manage and support the architects, engineers, and other specialty consultants from initial programming to construction completion. Engage and coordinate with Twilio’s IT, Security, and the AV design and installation teams
- NO SHENANIGANS: Professionally represent Twilio’s interest at all meetings with Consultants, General Contractors, and Suppliers. Engage and maintain positive working relationships with the local jurisdiction/departments.
The Real Estate and Workplace team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership to guide the company’s integrated workforce and workplace strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing real estate transactions, design and construction, and ongoing office operations that keep Twilions productive and energized.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located at one of our offices in Denver, Atlanta, or Irvine. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.