Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our SMS team in Bogota who is passionate about designing, developing, deploying and operating software solutions at scale, and wants to help Twilio deliver real-time, low latency capabilities for next-generation communications.
We’re looking for versatile software engineers with product thinking eager to bring our cloud-hosted Software-As-A-Service API platform to new heights and lives the Twilio Magic.
Versatility means readiness to learn and execute on all levels of software engineering: from backend to client, from low-level optimizations and debugging to architecture and system design, from slinging code to operations and assuring the quality of your work.
They also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of Software development experience
- 3+ Years of experience with complex distributed systems, working in a Java development environment.
- Expertise with scalable data pipeline (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Cassandra)
- Experience managing large database clusters (e.g. mysql, postgres), and next generation distributed data stores
You will contribute to product development end-to-end: from working with members of the product organization to distill customer requirements to architecture, design, and development. You’ll also be accountable to operate the systems you’ve created live, devop style.
- You will enhance and scale the SMS platform that touches millions of people every day.
- Develop a complex distributed platform in Java and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency, and data integrity.
- Integrate messaging components through an advanced queueing system.
- Deploy and manage global computing resources deployed on AWS.
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- Lead the team through agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Release, monitor, and maintain features in a responsible, reliable way as part of our integrated DevOps practices.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
The Twilio‘s SMS platform enables companies to integrate communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Twilio is therefore challenged with abstracting away a world of complexity so that our customers can go global without concern for managing a global communications network, carrier integrations and relationships throughout the world.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Bogotá, Colombia. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.