Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio.org is looking for a spirited solutions marketer to help nonprofits around the world better help more people with communications. You will play a strategic role in how we reach nonprofits, social enterprises, and mission-driven organizations by owning the strategy and execution of campaigns targeting niche groups in this industry. You will need to deeply understand our customer base by segment, identify how we can solve their problems, and execute go-to-market plans to drive acquisition and usage. By growing adoption of Twilio’s products in mission-driven organizations, you will help us reach Twilio.org’s lofty goal of helping 1 billion people a year.
Twilio.org is looking for a marketer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in developing campaigns that drive results. In addition, we are looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of experience in marketing B2B technology products and/or marketing in the social impact community
- Has the ability to plan strategic go-to-market campaigns and also execute on those campaigns
- Has knowledge of user research and market research techniques to understand customer segments and build resonant positioning and messaging
- Has developed multi-channel marketing campaigns including content, web pages, advertising, social, and events
- Is adaptable, persistent, and resilient - drives through ambiguous team structures and creatively removes blockers to make progress quickly toward goals
- Thinks about everything from the lens of the customer, when in doubt, leans on customer data and research to make decisions
- Has collaborated effectively with internal and external stakeholders and partners to increase campaign reach
- Is a persuasive and concise writer and has experience writing copy and content for multiple campaigns
- Is results-oriented, constantly reviewing how their campaigns are performing and making adjustments based on data-driven insights
- Has experience collaborating with designers to create compelling and high-converting marketing assets
- Has a genuine interest in focusing marketing skillsets to create social impact, past experience in marketing to nonprofits is a plus
As a Solutions Marketing Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own penetration into target segments within the nonprofit sector (i.e. Education, Health Care, Humanitarian Services).
- DRAW THE OWL: Create strategic marketing plans to drive usage and pipeline within target sectors. Support identification and execution of brand campaigns, press, and speaking opportunities for Twilio.org.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Build messaging, positioning, sales enablement, and campaign assets that speak to customers’ needs. Source, nurture and develop customer stories where Twilio has transformed organizations.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with the rest of the Twilio.org and Twilio marketing team to execute campaigns and share insights.
- DON’T SETTLE: Regularly report on and analyze the impact of your work and iterate based on learnings.
- BE BOLD: Create bold ideas to not only to drive adoption in target sectors but also to raise affinity for the overall Twilio brand.
Communications are key to how nonprofits serve their constituencies—helping parents participate in their children’s education, enabling people to advocate for their rights, or, in crisis situations, connecting a person with life-saving help at the moment they need it. In this role, you will enable nonprofits and social enterprises to help more people by adopting technology to scale their programs and meet people where they already are.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks, game room, fitness center, massages, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.