Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager for the Business Systems Enablement team. This key management position will own delivering a world-class application/systems experience for fast scaling agile organizations. This role will collaborate with departments and business units to understand organizational process and workflow needs, and deliver solutions to fulfill those needs. As the manager of the Business Systems Enablement team, this person will be critical in guiding the department and partnering with multiple cross-functional groups to establish and execute an application/systems roadmap. The person in this role will lead in all aspects of Business Systems Enablement - strategy formation, developing business cases, application maintenance and support and application integrations. Additionally, this team is responsible for creating end to end workflow solutions by partnering with the DevOps team for custom integrated solutions as well. This role is expected to contribute in transforming the company's Business systems over the next 2+ years by improving Business systems efficiency and supporting the company’s growth..
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering complex IT solutions. They also have:
- 5+ years of management experience with coaching, mentoring and building and managing high-functioning global teams.
- 5+ years experience in leading the delivery of complex 3rd party software implementation projects and programs across multiple disciplines (i.e. Engineering, People Operations, IT, Legal, etc).
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking and project management skills.
- Strong preference for someone with prior experience in software product management and systems integrations.
- An expert ability to cultivate strong working relationships with business partners to understand business processes, process flows, business needs and analyze pain points, and identify viable solutions.
- Fluency in performing rigorous system analysis, design and administration of Business systems.
- Experience with the following systems is a plus; Jira/Confluence, ServiceNow, Airtable, Workday, Salesforce.com, OKTA, GSuite.
- Have the technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with departments such as Engineering, People Operations, IT, Legal, etc.
- Experience with SOX audit controls and maintaining compliant systems.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Proven ability to partner with internal business stakeholders, IT resources, and third party software providers.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner.
- Experience providing product direction to meet customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As the Manager of the Business Systems Enablement team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze existing processes and provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new growth and integration ideas from internal and external sources and drive end-to-end execution of integrated solutions..
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Partner with business units, lead or assist in all aspects of systems integrations, including strategy formation, developing business cases, audit compliance and system maintenance.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating software solutions, conducting due diligence, and implementing complex software solutions.
The Tech Services team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to support company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing business systems investments that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.