Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager for the Vendor Management Office team. This key management position will own delivering successful execution of key vendor activities supporting Twilio’s IT department and the company. This role will facilitate the implementation of systems and processes designed to standardize the acquisition of both hardware and software, vendor scorecard management and vendor management activities related to mergers and acquisitions. The Vendor Management Office is responsible for executing a vendor lifecycle management strategy to serve Twilio’s IT needs through an efficient global supply chain. As Twilio grows, it is critical that we leverage our purchasing power and design a thoughtful and strategic global supply chain to keep our fellow Twilions supplied with all the support that they need from our third-party partners. This role will also assist with Twilio’s growth strategy and develop third party process and vendor relationships that support Twilio’s future growth and mergers and acquisitions.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has demonstrated the ability to build strong partnerships with vendors and internal teams in acquiring key hardware and software components that support day-to-day operations and Twilio’s growth strategy through mergers and acquisitions.
You will have primary responsibility for managing the VMO team to identify key vendor lifecycle strategies that specifically partner with departments across Twilio. You will also have:
- 5+ years of management experience with coaching, mentoring and building and managing high-functioning global teams.
- 5+ years of experience in measuring and tracking vendor performance using vendor score cards.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking and project management skills.
- Strong preference for someone with prior experience with mergers and acquisitions.
- You are a procurement, tech and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless processes, systems and tools through partnerships with IT vendors.
- Proactively strategizes with business and technical owners to understand the needs of the organization and drive efficiencies throughout the P2P process.
- You are adept at building Spend, Savings, and Financial Operations metrics, including budgeting and capitalized spend tracking.
- You have worked with Strategic Sourcing/Procurement teams to define annual and quarterly objectives and continuously track them.
- This role will also help provide subject matter expertise and is a trusted advisor in regards to vendor management, sourcing, procurement.
- Experience with technical software evaluation for on-boarding, catalog management and intake process.
- Actively partners with legal teams and business unit stakeholders to develop and execute negotiation strategies that include optimal targets for pricing, service, and quality.
- You have the ability to identify and implement new opportunities for cost savings, cost avoidance and proactively tracks these objectives.
- You have developed vendor / supplier management strategies. Conducts supplier rationalization and segmentation initiatives. Proactively reviews supplier performance and adherence to contractual terms. Leads business reviews and delivers resolution on difficult issues through effective negotiation tactics.
- You are highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner.
- Proven experience providing product direction to meet customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As the Manager of the Engineering Systems Enablement team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You have the ability to read, understand and negotiate contracts that support Twilio’s IT needs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new vendors, measures and processes that support the acquisition of both hardware and software.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Partner with business units to deliver against corporate initiatives related to cost reduction, cost avoidance, supplier rationalization and continually benchmarking purchasing and process practices to effectively translate the analysis into action.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with suppliers and internal partners to drive transaction automation strategies, and develop supplier catalogs. Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating hardware and software solutions, conducting due diligence with suppliers and implementing complex solutions.
The Tech Services team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to support company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing business systems investments that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.