Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
- Work diligently with cross-functional teams in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Pricing, and Operations to design mutually beneficial contracts to address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business.
- 2+ years of experience in a SaaS/Telecom selling space
- Demonstrated success in owning your own book of business and directly selling a product or service for at least 2 years,
- Ability to provide thorough daily/weekly/monthly forecasting metrics and communicate them in a succinct manner.
- Team player and helps others, positive attitude, works hard, shows up on time, prepared for meetings, completes activities/actions, attends trainings, live company values, proactive mentality, strong EQ, accountable, dependable
- Outbound prospecting into install base, greenfield prospecting into new accounts, execute strong QBR strategy for territory penetration
- Interested in understanding the cloud computing/communications business model and are excited about the prospect of selling to a technical audience.
- Embrace a solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy from you.
- Cultivated your interpersonal and communication skills. You have the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- Possess the ability to listen first and add value to every conversation.
- Comfortable in a high tempo environment with many priorities and have the ability to effectively manage your own time.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Creative. Team-player. Eager to deliver excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years' of experience.
- We have a very large addressable market and a high volume of customers that are eager to work with us to develop new and innovative communications workflows with our API. This position is responsible for qualifying projects, helping customers build applications and closing deals in an inclusive and collaborative team environment.
- Work with customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements. You will need to understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can design a solution for their specific use case needs.
- Our customers are often software engineers, application owners, product managers, line of business executives, VP’s of innovation, omni-channel and digital strategy stakeholders of some of the most dynamic start-ups, digital economy companies, and mid-sized commercial companies. You must be capable of communicating at all levels of the customer organization to developers, managers, and executives.
- Cross functional process development/improvement on designated projects
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
The Growth Account Executive team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. With an ever growing amount of companies being created, along with companies that have been around for many years - our SMB and Mid-Markets are the bread and butter when it comes to companies creating a customized platform for their communication needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprise to make an impact on their services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 101 Spear St, San Francisco, California. While working in our newest office, you’ll enjoy fully stocked snacks and drinks. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.