Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio Super Network simplifies, strengthens and unites carrier communication networks using software. We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer who is excited at the opportunity to join a world-class Super Network Network Platform team based in Bogota, Colombia to solve some of the hardest engineering problems at Twilio. The Network Platform is tasked with scaling the management of the Twilios network by building and maintaining instrumentation, automation, and network testing.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing complex distributed systems based on Java or Scala technologies
- Expertise in at least one web stack and framework
- Capacity to think at scale and design, build and operate resilient, highly available, low-latency, and high-quality micro-services in a production environment
- Passion about software development best practices
- Experience with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation
- Experience operating production services in DevOps model
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, OpenStack, or Azure
- Interest in or experience with communications, multi-user, and telephony systems as a plus
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent experience
- Conversational english required
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE, BE BOLD: Work in a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, and Technical Leads to design and build services that enable network management instrumentation, automation, and testing
- BE AN OWNER:
- Build and operate your team's services in a distributed production environment in DevOps model. Apply Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to the customers.
- Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Participate in architecture, design and code reviews as well as mentor junior engineers
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Bogotá, Colombia. You should expect the usual perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon, not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.