Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio Super Network simplifies, strengthens and unites carrier communication networks using software. We are looking for a talented and passionate product manager who is excited at the opportunity to build and lead a world-class Network Platform team based in Bogota, Colombia to solve some of the hardest engineering problems for Twilio’s Super Network. The Network Platform is tasked with scaling the management of the Twilios network by building and maintaining instrumentation, automation, and network testing.
- You have 5+ years of hands-on product management experience in software development businesses, bonus if you have telecommunications and IP network experience.
- You have the ability to translate companies priorities into multi year product vision and into clear roadmap for an engineering team.
- Worked closely with both internal and external stakeholders to understand their needs and solve large scale and complicated problems.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate a plan and manage to communicate with stakeholders effectively.
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience using metrics and data analysis to drive informed product decisions and track progress/impact.
- You can work with teams in globally remote offices and easily synch with colleagues around the world
- You love to make an impact and thrive in collaborative, energetic teams
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Conversational English is required
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Engage with stakeholders, other product managers, and cross-functional teams to design, deliver, and support solutions that make our customers successful.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create detailed product specifications which include business reasons, use cases and which are focussed on addressing customer problems.
- BE AN OWNER: Own and execute the roadmap for your products – communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Maintain a laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing tangible value to customers – learn and adjust frequently.
- BE BOLD: Help define the future of Twilio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Have great communication skills and a collaborative mindset. Coach other Product Manager in the team. Participate in technical discussions with the engineering teams whereby your goal is to make sure we deliver a great product. Work with Engineering teams within the Agile/Scrum methodology, facilitate quarterly planning, assists with execution of sprints, and lead backlog refinement and prioritization. Plan product launches, collaborate with stakeholders on marketing activities, documentation, support requests and sales enablement
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Bogotá, Colombia. You should expect the usual perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bangalore, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.