Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why, and where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio Super Network simplifies, strengthens and unites carrier communication networks using software. We are looking for a talented and passionate engineering manager who is excited at the opportunity to build and lead a world-class Network Platform team based in Bogota, Colombia to solve some of the hardest engineering problems for Twilio’s Super Network. The Network Platform is tasked with scaling the management of the Twilios network by building and maintaining instrumentation, automation, and network testing.
Twilio is looking for an engineering manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- Experience building and leading engineering teams in software companies
- Passion about growing and developing talent
- You value operational excellence and have the know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it
- Pragmatism, capacity to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for their team
- Competence in agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation
- Aptitude for working with teams in globally remote offices and syncing with colleagues around the world
- Desire to make an impact and thrive in collaborative, energetic teams
- Conversational English required
As an Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD, EMPOWER OTHERS: Build and grow your team. Hire the best talent, help your staff succeed through coaching and mentoring, and support your team members at career development.
- BE INCLUSIVE, DRAW THE OWL, WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Lead your engineers, collaborate with Tech Leads, Architects, and Product Managers to develop requirements and execution plans, define and track measurable goals for the team, and help guide the product roadmap.
- DON’T SETTLE: Build and run great products. Together with your team, execute on developing world-class software following Twilio's engineering and operational standards.
- BE AN OWNER: Be responsible for the overall success of your team.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Bogotá, Colombia. You should expect the usual perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon, not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.