Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is hiring a Senior Software Engineer in Test for Twilio’s Voice & Video distributed systems infrastructure to deliver scalability, resiliency and quality. You will lead next generation automated frameworks and tools for load, resiliency, and functional testing to enable real-time, low latency services for next generation communications.
Twilio is looking a technologist with a demonstrated track record of success.
- You have the skills to work across several collaborative teams, developing software quality systems to ultimately deliver the APIs and services for Twilio’s Voice & Video platform.
- You have breadth of experience in defining and building tools and frameworks for automated testing challenges including functional, load, resiliency, performance and stress testing in a cloud platform or enterprise scale environment.
- You think at scale, exceeding high availability SLA goals, bringing a focus on test methodology from design through deployment and operations.
- You bring a depth of experience in complex distributed systems, overseeing quality and operating Java-based systems in production
- Most importantly, you have the desire to collaborate across teams to build, test and operate services at scale.
- Bachelors/Masters degree required, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience including relevant experience with software development lifecycle and processes.
- 2+ years in a Quality Engineering role with complex distributed systems projects.
A great day for you would be:
- Working across several collaborative teams, defining and implementing test methodology for APIs and services in Twilio’s Voice & Video platform.
- Pushing production code that’s impacting millions of developers and helping companies solve their problems. Companies rely on us for their communications - there’s no downtime. We change the engine of the plane while we’re still flying it.
Twilio's customers create unique communication experiences with Programmable Voice & Video to make, receive and control voice and video interactions around the globe. Twilio’s Voice & Video teams develop and operate the worldwide infrastructure including signaling, orchestration, media processing, routing, as well as advanced media services such as recording, composition, and speech services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is located at Paseo de la Castellana 77, Madrid. You will get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.