Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an International Accounting Manager to be a key contributor in the evaluation, execution, of all international accounting activities and who lives the Twilio Magic
The International Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing all day-to-day, monthly and quarterly international accounting activities. This person will be in charge of all international finance operations including but not limited to ensuring that trial balance of international locations are accurately recorded in Netsuite. They will establish the international accounting function. Work closely with Director of Accounting and Director of Operations to ensure that financial results of international operations are reported accurately and in compliance with US GAAP. The specific responsibilities include the following:
- 8+ years related experience in progressive international accounting roles.
- Ability to think critically and recognize discrepancies and anomalies through analysis.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and drive efficiency.
- Ability to prioritize and work proactively and independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Team player with strong communication, customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with NetSuite and ADP Streamline a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA/Chartered Accountants preferred).
As International Accounting Manager you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Provide oversight and perform analytical review of the International operations. Ensure that international subsidiaries are in compliance with statutory reporting and tax filing in its respective jurisdiction.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Work closely with corporate accounting, consolidation, in addressing day-to-day international business activities and ensure that monthly results are reported in a timely manner. Collaborate with Company's external auditors for statutory and tax reporting matters.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Prepare monthly reconciliations for all accounts for all subs including payroll. Project subs cash flow for funding
- EMPOWER OTHERS:Work closely with tax and legal department in setting up new subsidiaries.
The Finance Accounting team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of Finance for Twilio outside of the US and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful offices at WeWork, Harcourt Street, Dublin 2. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game area, ergonomic desks, massages, team dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.