Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
Your primary responsibility is to quickly and successfully onboard customers by building technical relationships, learning about their business and operational requirements, communicating the value of SendGrid’s platform, and enabling customers to successfully implement SendGrid’s APIs and services. You will work in conjunction with Account Executives, Solutions Consultants, Delivery Consultants, Customer Onboarding Managers and CSMs for technical integration of customer during their the first 0-60 days of a customer’s lifetime with SendGrid. During this time period you will troubleshoot code issues, workarounds, API workflows/processes, testing scenarios, subuser/domain/IP segmentation and suggest the best architecture for implementation based on the customer needs.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Collaborate with Customer Onboarding Manager to educate new customers on the SendGrid platform architecture, integration capabilities,and best practices for implementing common use cases
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the technical and business value of solving customer communication needs using SendGrid product features
- Develop customized demos, presentations, and proof-of-concepts to demonstrate SendGrid’s value to the customer
- Product training make sure clients understand how to use the different components of the product.
- Help troubleshoot api/mail/code issues that are encountered during SG integrations
- Assist the customer’s Engineering and Product teams with all technical questions that arise during implementation of SendGrid’s platform
- Collect and incorporate customer feedback into SendGrid’s product roadmap and planning process
- We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- 4+ years demonstrated success in a client-facing consultative technical role
- Technical sales/support experience with SaaS software solutions and/or email service providers
- API development/consulting experience
- Ability to convey business and technical value of SendGrid’s product
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with implementing and managing SMTP, DNS and email infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field desired
- Experience with web based ecosystem and technology stacks as well as understanding of object oriented programming
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, Tokyo and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.