Twilio is searching for a Global VP of Global Corporate Communications who will be responsible for elevating the profile of our company with various stakeholders globally: press, analysts, employees, industry influencers and most importantly prospects and customers.
We want to find a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has extensive Corporate Communications plus excellent media relations. The ideal candidate has a strong strategic vision, a talent for unearthing and articulating stories and trends, as well as the ability to roll up their sleeves and participate in getting work done. They also have:
- 15+ years experience and demonstrated depth and breadth in corporate communications domain.
- Superb people leadership skills and a demonstrated track record of building and leading high performing teams.
- Deep experience owning and leading end-to-end communication from conception through implementation.
- Network of deep media and agency relationships and demonstrated success in leveraging uniquely in the marketplace. Strong agency experience as foundation of career in communications.
- Category creation, company repositioning/evolution experience a must.
- Ability to work in a start-up like communications function that requires both big company thinking to scale and grow and small company change agility.
- Skilled and proven track record in message development and execution.
- Current leadership of corporate communications or marketing communications including PR/AR, in a global B2B company.
- Must have first rate media contacts ranging from broadcast and press to online outlets and blogs.
- Excellent creative writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing external resources (i.e. PR agencies and consultants).
- Ability to build and maintain close, collaborative relationships with all levels of the organization to ensure alignment and integration of messages and initiatives.
As VP of Corporate Communications, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Articulate and build thought leadership, defining the issues and topics that create opportunities for engagement and story creation.
- Implement a communications strategy that is aligned with key initiatives (product launches, content, customer momentum, finance, industry positions, etc.) that amplify the Twilio narrative in support of our mission, vision and strategic priorities.
- DRAW THE OWL: Develop and execute global communications strategies geared towards driving category leadership, brand awareness, and strengthening the company's market position.
- Build an influencer network by cultivating relationships with key influencers and elevate story through rich and relevant commentary on strategically important key issues and topics
- Develop a Crisis communications practice and playbook.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work effectively with cross-functional internal teams to develop consistent brand messages, narratives and campaigns that bring Twilio value prop to life through appropriate owned, earned and paid mediums.
- BE BOLD & BE AN OWNER: Build and execute an internal communications strategy.
- Lead the global PR/AR team to maintain strong relationships with the global press and industry analysts to secure coverage in key publications and reports.
- Represent Twilio to the media and analysts by acting as spokesperson.
- Evaluate and own key agency resources, relationships and results.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Serve as a strategic partner to the CEO and executive staff to advance Twilio’s brand and market position by implementing an executive media strategy and speaking program.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Implement a “science-driven” approach to define success and then measure and monitor internal and external communications effectiveness and results.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.