at Twilio (View all jobs)
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and Twilio’s IoT Team is looking for a Software Engineer who wants to contribute in designing, developing, deploying and operating Mobile Core Network components for IoT services helping companies control their fleets of IoT devices.
- Valid German work permit.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 0-3+ years of engineering experience with ANSI C, Java and a scripting language like Python.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering, e.g. algorithms, data structures, concurrency, design patterns, and principles.
- A passion for learning and an ability to persevere until problems are solved.
- Good knowledge of Linux based systems and cloud computing technologies (i.e. AWS).
- Solid understanding of software development best practices (version control, testing, refactoring)
- Understanding of mobile network technologies like 3G, 4G or 5G (3GPP).
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that designs, builds and operates the Twilio’s Mobile Core — the engine behind Twilio’s Super SIMheart of Twilio’s programmable platform for IoT.
The Twilio Mobile Core is athe cloud-based engine that enablesconnects any IoTmobile devices with wireless capabilities to connect to theworld-wide over cellular networks independent of its radio technologies (like LTE/4G, 5G, etc.). The Twilio Mobile Core allows providing powerful APIs to developers for to the Internet and lets you manage all managing connectivity aspects like roaming profiles, bandwidth and the mobile networks your fleet of IoT to which the devices connects to.
In this role:
- You will hone your skills to write maintainable and tested code, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, automated testing and continuous deployment over multiple stages).
- You will learn cutting-edge skills by tackling complex problems in distributed computing.
- You will also get a deep understanding of how mobile networks (2G to 5G) work while developing a state-of-the-art implementation.
- The team is dedicated to mentor and coach you on best practices and deep understanding of cloud and mobile technologies through code reviews, white-board design sessions, and pair programming.
- You will be working with our Tech Lead to set up best practices for the area of ownership learn how to operate services at scale.
- You will be working with ANSI C/Java/Python/MySQL/AWS.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Twilio Wireless, we are doing the same for the world of IoT. Our vision is that in the near future the Internet of Things will truly live up to its name: anything that can benefit from being connected to the internet (i.e. all the things) will be — cheaply, reliably and with the ease of use that Twilio is famous for.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in the very center of Berlin, currently at WeWork c/o Twilio, Stresemannstraße 123, Berlin Mitte, D-10963 Germany. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, company bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.