Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
We’re looking for an Impact Program Manager to amplify Twilio’s positive impact in the world. We’re looking for the right person to identify strategic opportunities to invest in social sector initiatives where Twilio’s technology, capital, employees and community can be applied to tackle major challenges facing communities globally.
Twilio.org is looking for an experienced social impact leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in impact investing and grant-making. Furthermore, we are looking for someone who:
- Has a deep understanding of the technology sector and experience with using tech for social good.
- Has experience investing in high-growth, high-impact social enterprises. Has the financial aptitude to create and manage an impact investing thesis and program that aligns to Twilio’s business value.
- Is an expert at building and running strategic, efficient and scalable grant programs. Can create defined goals and impact measures to evaluate success.
- Has deep knowledge of the charitable sector’s needs, constraints, and strengths. Will advocate for high-impact programs that meaningfully help underserved and under-resourced populations.
- Geeks out about impact measurement. Will draw on past experience to create a process to measure, track and report on how Twilio’s capital, product and volunteer support are creating impact that aligns with Twilio.org’s theory of change.
- Is a strategic thinker with a strong ability to execute. Can turn big ideas into organized action plans with tactics, dependencies and timelines. Strong ability to achieve outcomes and reach deadlines even when there are numerous other "priorities" and distractions.
- Is a proactive, successful relationship-builder with people at any level of an organization, including in nonprofits, social enterprises, community foundations and corporate social impact teams.
A great day for you would be building, implementing and refining strategic initiatives to enable nonprofits and social enterprises to tackle global challenges at scale with communications technology. As the Twilio.org Impact Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER and DRAW THE OWL: You will be responsible for building and managing the global strategy and deployment of social impact investments and grants through Twilio.org’s Impact Fund, a donor advised fund created as part of Twilio’s 1% pledge of equity to the community.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: You will identify organizations that can benefit from Twilio’s technology, funding and pro bono support to achieve their missions with a clear alignment to Twilio’s business value.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will collaborate with teams across Twilio and Twilio.org to provide value-add support to Impact Fund beneficiaries globally, from pro bono support to product education.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Through rigorous measurement and evaluation, you will ensure Twilio.org’s product, financial and human capital are supporting impact that aligns with Twilio.org’s theory of change. You will lead the creation of annual impact report
- BE BOLD: You will partner with our marketing and communications teams to share stories of how our Impact Fund partners are creating positive impact in the world.
The Twilio.org team ensures the company is using its unique assets - technology, funding, and employee time - to make the world a better place. By continuously identifying strategic opportunities where our assets will have an outsized impact in our communities, we will overcome some of the world’s most pressing social challenges.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room,ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.