Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Senior UX Engineer to join the Design Systems team. In this role, you will be empowered to create a best-in-class, usable, and inclusive-by-default platform that helps product designers and engineers express and build sophisticated user experiences. Your work will involve defining and developing robust, easy-to-use, and reusable components, patterns, and flows. You’ll be building a critical product, but think platform-first, and prioritize high communication, great documentation, and optimize for clarity. You’ll shepherd the changing needs of Twilio’s UX over the coming years.
- You are comfortable developing User Interfaces in a component-based approach. We use React and write TypeScript but familiarity with other component-based UI libraries is welcome.
- You should write clean, semantic HTML and be comfortable styling with modern CSS techniques.
- You are excited to work with emerging UI technologies such as Web Components, care about performant interfaces, and are invested in building an inclusive and accessible user experience. You’re interested in designing maintainable and extensible APIs for components that are designed to be used across the organization.
- An ideal candidate has familiarity with design systems, knowledge of frameworks like Gatsby, and an understanding of CI tooling.
- You will truly feel at home in this team if you approach work with humility, collaborate with fellow product designers and researchers, and are able to state your point of view with clarity.
Our culture is highly collaborative, and you’ll be working closely with architecture, product management, product design among others to create new user experiences and improve existing ones.
- Design High Quality, Inclusive UI Components that are used by the entire organization to build world-class customer experiences.
- Work arm-in-arm with Product Design to truly empathize with their needs, support their work in Design Critiques with candid feedback, and equip them with the tools required to succeed.
- Set a new standard for Inclusive Design by advocating for the needs of each user (not the average user) and committing to UI that is accessible and approachable by all.
The Design Systems team is a platform that serves internal and external customers by delivering tools and processes that enable great customer experiences. The team powers critical parts of Twilio’s current products and is responsible for designing the next generation of its user experiences.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.