Head of Global Communications Regulatory Affairs
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The successful candidate for this role is a highly motivated, experienced professional who can oversee and build out our global telecommunications regulatory affairs function. An integral part of your role will be to have a point of view and vigorously advocate for outcomes for the benefit of Twilio and its customers, particularly in markets outside of the United States.
You also know how to:
- Provide proactive strategic advice as a subject matter expert in telecommunications and carrier regulatory requirements and policy priorities
- Develop and implement unique strategies to address changes and trends in the telecommunications regulatory environment and carrier ecosystem
- Identify and surface regulatory risks
- Serve as an internal thought leader on legislative and regulatory matters and strategic decision making related to communications and carrier regulations
- Interface directly with regulatory agencies, legislators, enforcement authorities, industry associations and external counsel and other advisors
- Develop strategy for policy, advocacy and policy-related programming in close collaboration with executive leadership across the company
- Provide counsel on regulatory compliance
- Protect Twilio’s access to the global telecommunications networks
- Partner closely with the Super Network team to identify, analyze and address regulatory issues related to the geographic expansion of Twilio’s business
- Design public affairs and press strategies in cooperation with Twilio’s Public Relations team to promote visibility of policy and advocacy efforts
A successful day would include identifying a potential issue with a forthcoming regulation or carrier dynamics, and effectively mitigating the effect on our business. You deftly represent Twilio’s interests and advocate with carriers and regulatory agencies daily.
It is also important to:
- Lead our advocacy efforts in the press
- Advise executive leadership on global regulatory carrier requirements, compliance standards and policy priorities
- Manage a global team of regulatory and policy professionals
The carrier ecosystem and regulatory environment are critical to Twilio’s operations and ultimate success. In this role you will partner closely with the Super Network and Product teams to ensure Twilio’s compliance with applicable regulations around the world. You will also direct policy and advocacy efforts with US and non-US regulators and legislators, partnering closely with the PR team to increase Twilio’s voice and impact in shaping legislation and changing the carrier ecosystem.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. As part of Twilio’s Legal team, you will add a critical expertise essential to improving Twilio’s operations and product offerings, in addition to enhancing and expanding our government relations efforts and impact on telco regulations around the globe.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
You may be any place in the world, and wherever you are, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.